Industrial and Logistics Services
The PlasChem initiative aims to connect and cluster chemical industries while also developing an integrated value chain that will add significant value to the end product. PlasChem is promoting and developing dedicated park focused on chemicals and plastics industries in Saudi Arabia Al-Jubail, making the industrial integration a reality. PlasChem concept will contribute to local economic growth by maximizing the use of basic petrochemical products, promoting local content, encouraging new investment opportunities, lowering imports, and increasing the value of Saudi exports, in line with the Kingdom’s Vision 2030
PlasChem is situated in alJubail, with about 1,555 Ha being built in Jubail II, and is surrounded by major petrochemicals companies and consisting of two areas: primary and secondary industries and light and support industries
PlasChem park has unlimited support from it’s key promoters (Royal commission of Jubail and Yanubu, Major local Petrochemical companies, Ministry of industry and Ministry of investment)
Royal Commission of Jubail and Yanbu will support with:
Dedicated infrastructure and availability of utilities
- Easiness of land Allocation process
- Lower rent cost
Local Petrochemical companies (like SABIC and SADARA) will support with:
- Materials availability
- Access to customers
- Investor technical support
Ministry of Industry and Ministry of investment:
- Business setup and licensing
- Attraction and encourage of investments
- Incentives, both financial and non-financial
For more info about PlasChem, please visit the link
- Providing comprehensive management of the Plaschem area through unified services- preserving resources and facilitating their access to the investor
- Optimal utilization of basic petrochemical products and industrial integration
- Easy access to basic petrochemical products
- Ease of movement of exports and imports
- Reducing operational costs
- Creating new investment opportunities
- Increasing non-oil exports
JABEEN provides ready-made factories (Ready with services and utilities and ready for operation) with a variety of areas between 1,500 square meters and 2,800 square meters, for the small and medium enterprises. The ready-made factories are distinguished by providing production workshop, parking lots, loading and unloading area and administrative offices. They aim to localize conversion and light industries such as Films, coatings and thermoplastic engineering compounds. The ready-made factories also provide unique infrastructure including roads, water and energy networks, communications, sewage and rainwater drainage making it a great investment opportunity for entrepreneurs who are ready to start business with a very short lead time to market.
• Accelerate industries by establishing ready manufacturing factories by introducing Plug & play Concept
• Engage the private sector to invest in industry real estate
• Accelerate industries by establishing workshops
• Engage the private sector to respond for market supply and demand requirements.
The Royal Commission for Jubail and Yanbu, as the pipeline corridor’s landowner, is responsible for pipeline corridor asset safety, engineering, construction, inspection and maintenance, roads, and utilities. At the present time, the industries that use the pipe passage area are purely responsible for laying the pipes during construction, in addition to performing maintenance and inspection tasks with coordination and approval from the Royal Commission for Jubail and Yanbu. JABEEN will establish a new pipeline services company to take advantage of the concept of joint services through the centralization of inspection and maintenance of the corridor and pipelines, as well as any supporting functions required to achieve comprehensive risk management for the corridor and pipelines in Jubail and Yanbu
- High risk mitigation and operational and maintenance efficiency
- Create a viable business model for a new pipeline service provider.
- Improving the use of the assets of the Royal Commission for Jubail and Yanbu
- Reducing capital investment in pipe passage expansion.
- Take advantage of the integration of shared services and infrastructure.
- Increasing the appeal of Royal Commission cities
Located in PlasChem Park, Tahwil Company (a JV between Veolia 80% and JABEEN 20%) will treat industrial waste streams and generate steam to cover the needs of the Industrial Park using state-of-the-art technology and environmental compliance based on Veolia’s extensive international experience as a resource management specialist. Veolia is operating 29 hazardous waste incinerator lines world-wide, which is signifying that Tahwil Company provide unique sustainable waste treatment solutions for companies in PlasChem
- Supporting the treatment of industrial waste in Jubail 2 using high technology
- Steam production and supplier to companies in the Plaschem area
- The Company will be the service operator for Steam and other service
The Saudi Silk Road Company is a bilateral initiative by the two leaders of KSA and China with the aim of fostering joint relations and facilitating the Chinese investments flow into Saudi Arabia through the provision of professional marketing, consulting and support to the new investors.
• Maximizing partnership between the two countries
• Attracting global investment in the region
Allocate areas for multi-waste management companies work in the cities to deal with waste from industry either as recycling or waste treatment.
- Minimize landfill usage and inforce recycling
- Required special expertise and technology
- Potential opportunity for PPP participation
JUBAIL CHEM TANK is JV with SABIC (58%) , Vopak (22%) and JABEEN (20%) in King Fahd Industrial Port’s to operate 71 tanks with total Capacity 568 k . JUBAIL CHEM TANK offers long-term and short-term storage solutions for import and export via vessel, truck, rail, and pipeline to all clients. SABIC, Sadara, and other petrochemical manufacturers, as well as related industries The terminal is built with cutting-edge technology and meets all international and local safety, security, health, and environmental regulations and requirements.
• Strategic partnership to enhance integration and efficiency and logistic performance index
• Introduce the shared tank concept at the port side
The Port of Jazan City for Primary and Downstream Industries (JCPDI) will serve as the country’s southern gateway to the rest of the world, as well as the primary gateway for logistics services, in line with the Saudi Vision 2030 goals of transforming Saudi Arabia into a leading industrial power and global logistics hub, as well as attracting international investment. HUTCHISON Company (an international port operator) has been contracted (through revenue sharing business model) for 40 years to operate Jazan port and invest in port development (equipment, maintenance).
• Attract international experience in port operation
• Enhancing logistic performance index
• Integration and efficiency of port operation
Provide district cooling water services / air conditioning to the tenants.
- Support district cooling initiatives in RCJY Cities
- Improve the sustainability by reducing power consumption of cooling loads
- Support city center services profile
To allocate an evaporation pond for industrial wastewater that does not meet Marafiq Spec.
• Low-cost treatment of industrial wastewater
• Special skills and capabilities
• Execute future expansion if required
Yanbu tank farm is a facility containing large tanks (near the seaport) dedicated to storing oil, petroleum and petrochemical materials before being sent to end consumers or retail facilities. Tank farm concept create Potential PPP development of shared tank farm.
• Enhance integration, efficiency and logistic performance index
• Introduce the shared tank concept at the port side
Construction of an integrated non-hazardous waste complex and Finding a national solution to mineral waste and Expansion of hazardous industrial waste infrastructure
• Creating investment opportunities and improving the quality of life and the environment
• Increasing recycling
• Reducing toxic gas emissions
• Power generation (waste-to-energy conversion)